An effective pay-per-click (PPC) marketing campaign allows brands to reach out and target their target audience quickly, easily and simply – all whilst maintaining complete control over their advertising budget. This flexibility, combined with an excellent ROI has led to PPC becoming one of the most popular advertising methods for small businesses.
If you’re interested in trying out PPC, this post is for you. We’ve put together a list of some of the amazing benefits of PPC marketing, along with some top tips to help you get started. Enjoy!
- Greater reach: How many people see your Facebook business page updates? Although the reach you can expect from a PPC campaign depends on the advertising network you choose, the Google Network reaches 90% of people on the internet.
- Targeted reach: One of the most amazing benefits of PPC is being able to tailor your ads to suit specific criteria. Target certain times, areas, keywords – the choice is yours.
- See results quickly: You can expect to see results (positive or negative) within a couple of days of launching your campaign.
- Flexible budget: You can decide how to control your budget and set it based on your advertising goals. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t always need a huge PPC budget to succeed. A small, tightly-controlled budget can get great results too.
- Raise brand awareness: You don’t need everyone who sees your ads to click on them to get results. PPC advertising helps companies spread brand awareness whether a browser clicks or not. How? Just by being seen.
- Attract more visitors and achieve more conversions: The more exposure your brand gets, the more visitors you’ll attract and the more likely you are to achieve your conversion goals.
Top PPC tips for SMEs
- Set a realistic budget: You may have dreams of knocking the competition off the top spot, but throwing too much money (or not enough) at a PPC campaign can have the opposite
- Have a plan of attack: Don’t rush in without creating a plan first. What are your goals? Who are you hoping to target? What’s your USP? What are your customers looking for? Before you invest anything in PPC, it’s important to put together a detailed plan to ensure you’re targeting your prospective customers in the most targeted and measurable way possible.
- Only when you set objectives and goals will you be able to track and measure them in any meaningful way.
- Always track your results: When you have a small budget, every penny counts. That’s why it’s important to be able to establish what is and what isn’t working within your PPC campaign. Without tracking and measuring your PPC activity you will never truly know what’s driving any increase in profits you experience.
- Work with a trusted digital agency: If you’re new to PPC or you have relatively little experience marketing your brand online, setting up a PPC campaign can seem daunting. This is where a trusted digital agency can help. An experienced PPC team will be able to talk you through your options, improve your digital knowledge, and make sure you get the most out of your advertising budget.
Work with the experts
At Fluid Digital, we’re experts at helping businesses harness the power of PPC. If you would like to find out how our experienced team can help you develop and grow an effective PPC strategy that’s built around your business, get in touch today. Call 0161 762 4920 or tell us a little about your project using our online contact form and a member of our team will be in touch soon.